The SSBMT Hematology Research Award has been approved by the SSBMT Board in its meeting of 28 September 2018. It reflects the SSBMT commitment towards the support and enhancement of scientific research and development in the field of hematology and stem cell transplantation in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- To encourage representation and appearance of KSA at international scientific meetings at a competitive level
- Enhance hematology research in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- To emphasize the SSBMT commitment to establish medical research culture in KSA
- Recognize highly performing researchers in the field of hematology
NATURE OF THE AWARD
The SSBMT Hematology Research Award may be given to a qualified researcher (first author or his/her designee) based on a Committee selection in each of the following disciplines: (One award per discipline)
- Clinical Hematology
- Basic research with direct impact on Hematology
- Stem Cell Transplantation
- Hematology Nursing
The award will be given only to published papers in peer-reviewed journals or abstracts (poster or oral) presented at one of the following international conferences (or similar caliber) within the same year:
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT)
- European Hematology Association (EHA)
- American Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation (ASBMT)
- International Conference on Malignant Lymphoma (ICML)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (ASPHO)
- American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI)
- European Federation of Immunogenetics (EFI)
A dedicated committee will review the abstracts submitted based on a point system and with consideration of the following criteria:
- Originality and Methodology (20%)
- Significance – Research findings should make a significant contribution to hematology science (20%)
- Impact on healthcare (20%)
- Peer recognition – Publication in significant peer-reviewed journals or leading to a patent (20%)
- Affiliation statement to the SSBMT is added to the publication and/or conference presentation (20%)
The recipient of the award (one award per discipline) shall receive:
- Certificate of Recognition
- Monetary Incentive
- The Abstract shall be featured in the Abstract Book of one of the annual SSBMT conferences and will be posted at the SSBMT website and social media.
- Fill-up the self-nomination form and submit it to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission time starts 1st of October till end of December every year.
- Submission open until 31 January 2023. Send your nominations now.
- The announcement and award distribution will be during the Annual Saudi Hematology Research Group meeting in January/February every year for abstracts/publications made for the preceding year.